BGS leverages Baycrest subject matter expertise to provide a comprehensive suite of integrated advisory services that deliver world class solutions customized to the unique cultural needs of our clients.
We offer advisory services to support our clients through the entire continuum of business development in the following areas:
A highly-focused evaluation of current practices to identify opportunities for enhancement of services that is in line with international best practices. A detailed report is provided, outlining key findings with associated recommendations to address identified gaps and meet future goals. Outcomes of an environmental scan/needs assessment can include:
- Strategy: Identification and development of strategic plans, models and concepts geared to supporting the development of geriatric care models;
- Planning and Execution: Provision of long-term perspective that considers emerging trends in senior health care delivery, education, and changing technology from a global perspective, while recognizing shifting local/regional demographics and needs;
- Leadership and People: Identification of leadership development and education gaps and requirements to meet current and future needs; and
- Innovation: Facilitation of new insights into thinking and applying clinical research and care practices
BGS collaborates with world-class architects to inform on physical and operational considerations and requirements that then support the development of exceptional design concepts to create best-in-class infrastructure for seniors. We can provide support through each of the phases of schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction. We also provide recommendations for the selection of equipment and integration of technology.
Whether as part of our pre-opening technical advisory services, or supporting the enhancement of existing programming, BGS can provide planning support for seniors’ residential, community healthcare and wellness services, and post-acute geriatric care. We take a holistic approach to service planning, ensuring all aspect of the operations provide an integrated and effective model of care that incorporates industry leading best practices.
An essential component associated with achieving and maintaining international accreditation is the institution of a culture of continuous quality improvement. Such a culture emphasizes ongoing assessment, measurement and management of people, processes, and outcomes critical to ensuring safe and effective patient care and service delivery.
BGS can provide advisory services in this area could include:
- International Accreditation preparation support;
- Policies, procedures and clinical pathways/protocol development and implementation;
- Quality Improvement and Patient/Staff Safety tools, reporting and program infrastructure;
- Implementation of global best practices and integrated approaches to simultaneously improve care, improve population health, and reduce costs per capita;
- Process design re-engineering and lean management systems addressing cost, quality and value;
- Development of meaningful, internationally benchmarked performance indicators and quality improvement tools;
- Continuous quality improvement and risk management including relevant tools, approaches, incident review and monitoring, and infrastructure support; and/or
- Evaluation of impact of quality improvement initiatives on patient outcomes